~ Registrations for the 2022 season will open in late 2021. Keep an eye on our Facebook page for more details as they emerge.
~ The NRL released a new registration system in 2020. You DO NOT need individual log ins for each of your family members – you are welcome to use a single email address for your family to simplify registration. Anyone linked to your same email address in the “old” system should be available for you to re-register to Play, Coach, Train, or Volunteer. If you haven’t created an NRL account yet, this can be done by clicking SIGN UP on the Log In screen as you start your registration at PlayRugbyLeague.com.
~ Junior Transfers/Clearances: The TDJRL has a rule in place where new and transferring players cannot be formally accepted for the 2021 season until (usually) end of January. Most clearances are a simple process but there are some reasons for clearance denial. These include, but are not limited to:
- Fees still owed at previous club
- Player meets “representative” status per QRL rules (there are rules in place limiting transfer of representative players)
- We reach our maximum number of clearances per age group (limits set by QRL rules)
- Teams reach capacity
If we cannot accept your child’s registration, we will endeavour to let you know as early as possible.
~ MAKE SURE TO REGISTER AS THE CORRECT MEMBER TYPE! If filling more than one role, you will need to register as each Member Type. For example, if you will be coaching one team and running as LeagueSafe in another you need register as a Coach and a Trainer
– Player LeagueTag (U6 age group ONLY)
– Player Tackle (U7 to Seniors)
– Trainer (LeagueSafe, League First Aid, Sports Trainer)
– Volunteer (Team Manager and other important roles EXCLUDING Coach and Trainer)
~ PAYMENT OF PLAYER FEES – We have our fees set up so you don’t have to pay at time of registration HOWEVER, if you select a Maroons pack you will be required to pay to complete the registration. In these cases, failure to pay at time of registration will mean your registration was not completed. You can find more information below about payment options.
~ There are 2 places that say “Complete Registration” in the form, so don’t be fooled by the first one! The last page will require you to click that you accept the terms and conditions of participating then either pay online by credit card or “Complete Registration”.
~ CHECK IF YOUR REGISTRATION WAS SUCCESSFUL – Log in to your NRL account at PlayRugbyLeague.com, click the menu button (top left hand corner) and select REGISTRATION HISTORY. Choose one of the members linked to your profile from the drop-down box and it will display their season history below. If there isn’t a record for 2021, then the member is NOT registered.
Example of volunteer registered for 2021
**2022 REGISTRATION FEES**
Under 6 (mixed) – $210
U7 – U17 (mixed, male & female) – $260
A Grade/Reserve Grade/U19/Open Women – $190
~ INCLUSIONS for player kit after payment of fees (includes, but not limited to):
– Juniors: Player Registration & Insurance, Polo shirt, Training Tee, Playing Shorts, Playing Socks, entry to end of year Presentation
– Seniors: Player Registration & Insurance, Polo shirt, Training Tee, Training Singlet, Training Shorts, entry to end of year Presentation
~ DEPOSIT – deposit payment of $150 is required for all JUNIOR Players before taking the field for their first season match (this is deducted from full rego fee, NOT in addition to). Player kits will not be provided until deposit has been paid (player kits will be distributed to teams in Feb/March).
~ PLAYER FEES MUST BE PAID OFF BY JUNE 30. After this date, players will not be permitted to take the field until fees are paid.
~ SIBLING DISCOUNT – First child is at full price ($210 [U6] or $260 [U7-U17]), then $20 off for subsequent children ($190 [U6] / $240 [U7-U17]). The $20 discount is a flat amount which does not accumulate with more siblings. Senior Players are NOT eligible for the Sibling Discount. If registering all children at the same time, the system should calculate the sibling discount per family.
~ PAYMENT OPTIONS – Parent/Guardians will receive an email invoice for Player Fees within 1 week of registration. Payment options are shown on the invoice and include making payment:
– through the registration form at time of registration
– Direct Deposit (details below)
– Cash/Card in the Footy Office at the end of Field 2 at Jack Manski Oval (cash/card payments accepted FROM Sign On Day during open hours).
– Payment Plan – You are more than welcome to pay off player fees. You can opt to receive regular interval invoices with the fee broken down into smaller increments as a reminder Get in touch with Jaime (Brothers Football Admin) HERE to organise a payment plan.
– QGrant Vouchers – YES we accept the Queensland Government FairPlay vouchers (previously known as Get Started)! Check your eligibility/apply for a voucher at qld.gov.au/fairplayvouchers . Please forward your pdf voucher to email@example.com for it to be applied to your child’s registration fees.
Direct Deposit details:
Account name: Brothers RLFC
BSB: 084 502
Ref: Player name & Age group
**Player to Team Allocation & Training Schedule**
Training schedule will be released in early 2022.
~ Team Allocation: The make up of teams for the 2021 season will be determined in the first few training sessions of 2021. It is dependent on several factors, such as number of players registered and team leveling requirements, and players will be allocated to teams where numbers are required to field a full team.
~ Team Levelling: “Clubs with two or more teams in grades from Under 9 – Under 17 shall ensure that all teams are equal in relation to skills and ability as per Rule 12 (team levelling criteria).” [extract from TDJRL 2020 rules]
~ Potential 2022 Age Groups:
– U6 mixed TAG Rugby League (per Player Development Framework). Players can be turning 5 or 6.
– U7 mixed TAG to TACKLE (per Player Development Framework)
– U8, U9, U10, U11, U12 mixed TACKLE
– U13, U14, U15, U16, U17 boys TACKLE
– U13, U15, U17 girls TACKLE
~ Training: Pre-Season (U19, Reserves, A Grade, Open Women) training dates will be released soon.
**HANDY HINTS TO MAKE REGISTRATION EASIER**
~ You DO NOT need individual log ins for each of your family members – you are welcome to use a single email address for your family to simplify registration. Anyone linked to your same email address in the “old” system (if not registered since pre-2020 season) should be available for you to re-register to Play, Coach, Train, or Volunteer.
~ Family members missing from your new NRL account? Try using the “Add a New Participant” function during registration – enter the person’s details as per their ID and search. Follow the prompts to verify and link them to your account. If a match isn’t found, DON’T complete the registration. Contact Jaime (Brothers Football Admin) HERE and advise: player name, date of birth, and correct email address so a duplicate isn’t created.
~ Unsure if the registration was successful? You can check by: while logged in to your account at PlayRugbyLeague.com, click on the menu button and select REGISTRATION HISTORY. From this page you can individually select each member and see where they’ve been registered and in which season.
Keep an eye on our Brothers Rugby League Townsville Facebook page for regular Brethren updates.